Karen E. LeeDirector of Academic Affairs and Strategic Initiatives
- Campus Address:
- INAD 5002N
M.S. in Technology (Concentration in Organizational Leadership and Supervision), Purdue University, 2018
B.A. in English, Indiana University, 2012
Service at IUPUI includes:
2015-Present: Office of Academic Affairs / Office of the IUPUI Faculty Council
Director of Academic Affairs and Strategic Initiatives
2007-2015: Office of the Faculty and Staff Councils
1999-2007: Office of the Dean
Assistant to the Dean
1989-1999: Office of the Executive Vice Chancellor and Dean of the Faculties
1982-1989: Office of the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs / Office of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
Senior Administrative Secretary
Office of Academic Affairs:
- Provide guidance on academic-, administrative-, or university-related policies, procedures, and precedents.
- Manage special projects for the EVC/CAO.
- Manage campus level promotion and tenure processes leading to university level review and final decisions.
- Serve as communications director.
- Support the Office of Academic Affairs regarding faculty grievances before heading to Boards of Review.
Office of the Faculty Council:
- Serve as point of contact and facilitate all operations of the office including meetings, elections, committees, and support to the University Faculty Council.
- Serve as liaison for faculty governance inside and outside the university.
- Coordinate and manage academic policies through the creation of the IUPUI Faculty Guide.
- Supervise the faculty grievance process including Faculty Boards of Review and Faculty Grievance Advisory Panel.