Teresa SosaDirector of Equity Education
- Campus Address:
- INAD 4008P
- Ph.D., University of Illinois at Chicago, Curriculum and Instruction
- M.Ed., University of Illinois at Chicago, Curriculum and Instruction
- B.A., Columbia College, Chicago, IL, Writing
Awards & Honors
- Trustees Teaching Award, 2021-2022
- Diversity and Inclusion Faculty Fellow, Office of Academic Affairs, 2021-2022
- Bynum award for excellence in academic mentoring, 2019
My research interests are aimed toward literacy practices and how contexts influence learning of adolescents in urban environments.
I am also interested in exploring students understandings of their own learning in school and out of school spaces. I use qualitative and design-based research methods to explore students experiential knowledge and their evolving disciplinary-specific literacy and understanding. Other related interests include classroom discourse and how it shapes teaching and learning.