Office of Academic Affairs
The mission of the Office of Academic Affairs is to create and support an environment that advances IUPUI's institutional mission of achieving international distinction in education, scholarship, and public service. The office provides leadership for continuous improvement in academic programs; faculty development; and, ultimately, student success.
The Office of Academic Affairs is led by Executive Vice Chancellor and Chief Academic Officer Nasser Paydar. Reporting to the chancellor, Dr. Paydar provides leadership for all academic units and serves as chief executive officer in the chancellor's absence.
Priorities for the Executive Vice Chancellor:
- Foster a culture of internal collaboration that encourages the crossing of departmental and disciplinary boundaries to take full advantage of the extraordinary interdisciplinary learning and research opportunities on campus.
- Strengthen the campus identity among students, faculty, staff, alumni, and community stakeholders and advance the agenda of IUPUI as a whole, emphasizing the cohesive development of the liberal arts and sciences as well as the health and professional disciplines.
- Continue improvement of the campus learning environment, student life, the quality of undergraduate education, and the undergraduate retention rate.
- Promote a dynamic learning environment that prepares students to be enlightened, articulate, and engaged citizens in a global society.
- Secure support for the continuing development of graduate and research programs, particularly innovative interdisciplinary programs, that are critical to the IUPUI research mission and national reputation.
- Find additional sources of revenue to counterbalance the national trend of leveling state support.
- Foster diversity in policies and practices and support a climate of inclusion for all members of the university community.
- Position IUPUI as a transformative force and a civic partner with the city and state in the continuing economic and cultural development of Central Indiana.